Training Visa - 407
The Training visa (subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development.
Types of occupational training
There are three type of occupational training (nomination eligibility types) covered by this visa:
*Workplace-based occupational training (not including professional development) must be for at least 30 hours a week, of which no more than 30 per cent can be classroom-based.
What can you do?
This visa allows you to:
- remain in Australia during the stay period granted, which begins on the date your visa is granted, to do the training specified in your visa application
- travel to and from Australia during the stay period granted.
Visa Applicant Requirements
If you wish to apply for a 407 visa you must:
- are sponsored (by an approved sponsor of a relevant class) to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities or classroom-based professional development activities
- are identified in an approved nomination by an Australian organisation (other than a Commonwealth agency)
- are invited (if the sponsor is a Commonwealth agency)
- meet the requirements of the visa
- have functional English language skills, to do the training and meet occupational health and safety standards
- have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
- have adequate financial support for yourself and accompanying family members while in Australia
- have adequate arrangements for health insurance while in Australia
- meet health and character requirements
- are at least 18 years of age (except in limited circumstances).
Sponsoring Employer Requirements
As a temporary activities sponsor, you must:
- be one of the following types of organisations:
- an organisation lawfully operating in Australia
- Government agency
- Foreign government agency
- have no adverse information known about you or a person associated with you that could affect your suitability as a sponsor, unless it is reasonable for the Department to disregard the information
- have the capacity to comply with your sponsorship obligations
- directly provide the occupational training, unless an exemption exists
The first step to start you visa application with FastVisa is to contact us or directly book a consultation on our website. One of our immigration lawyers will review your individual circumstances, guide you through the visa options available and clarify all your doubts.
Our Visa consultations
- Can be done on Skype, phone or face-to-face
- The cost will be fully discounted from the visa application professional fees if you engage our visa services
- Will put you on the right track to get your visa approved
The information provided here should be used as a guide only. It is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal or other professional advice. We attempt to ensure that the content is current but we do not guarantee its currency. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content.
If you believe that a particular visa is appropriate for your circumstances, contact us for a complete and thorough assessment of your situation and visa eligibility.
*Source: Australian Department of Home Affairs